Tuesday, November 21, 2006

What a Week

Lots of interesting political stuff since the election, is all I can say. Bush's trip to Vietnam was both satisfying and mortifying. The difference between the rock star reception Clinton got and the anemic "So nice of you to visit, you can go home now" reaction to the Chimperor was sweet. However, as an American, it horrifies me to see this moron stand up in front of his hosts and blather crap about how good it was the US invaded and brutalized their country, and how Vietnam proves we should stay the course in Iraq blah, blah, blah. What a putz.

In the last week, I helped stamp out false plagiarism accusations at HASA, got tail-ended pretty badly on the freeway and put up an offer on a house. Not in that precise order, of course.

I'm still shaking my head at the utter idiocy of pv (short for "Poor Victim" in her own deluded brain, no doubt) and why in the name of all that is holy she decided to claim that I had stolen some penny ante scene from her. I have a half-million word novel on line (with another 250K written and in beta review right now), two other short novel length works completed, am a widley read (and intensely scrutinized) author, and it doesn't occur to her that just maybe it's a Bad Idea to say I stole something from her, without bothering to establish little things like how I plausibly came across her work, why I might want to plagiarize, and such? I had never heard of this person before (HASA has hundreds of active members and thousands of inactive ones, and I don't really bother to keep track) but rest assured I know about her now. Indeed, I will never forget her and her Gollum-ish cry of "Thief, thief, thief!"

The car will be out of repair sometime tomorrow, I've been told, just in time for Thanksgiving. I'm a little bruised, but none the worse for wear. As for the house, we'll see. It's a nice place, if a little over priced.

In the next few days, I will have a new chapter of HotK ready to post.

Anglachel

No comments: