Saturday, December 15, 2007

So This is What it's Like

I never quite understand people who never pay the slightest bit of attention to politics, to the point where they don't know what party controls Congress or the White House, can't name their governor or representative, and are oblivious to the issues of the day. I just can't understand how anyone could be that disconnected.

Then I read about the steroid abuse in major league baseball and my reaction is simply "Huh?" My coworkers are all in a tizzy over this, dashing between cubes to discuss the latestest revelation and emailing each other like mad. There's stuff on the home page of all the papers, people are arguing about it on the street and in the stores, and I am clueless. I don't know who the hell they are talking about, wouldn't know one league from another, and really don't give a shit if guys paid too much money to do pretty stupid sports tricks are doping.

So I guess that's how the politically disengaged regard politics, too.

No comments: